GCBA Wolverines House League
Welcome back to another season of playing a great Canadian sport... basketball!
The House League program averages 500-600 players each year comprised of both boys’ and girls’ teams from U10 (8-9) to U19 (17-18). Player development is still a priority but the primary focus is fun first! Players need to love the game to keep them playing well beyond their youth.
Click MORE INFO below to learn more. To register, please click here.
GCBA Wolverines Competitive
Seeking to play basketball at the competitive level?
Look no further, GCBA Wolverines Basketball is the place for you!
The GCBA Wolverines have been and continues to be one of the top competitive programs in the Ottawa and across Ontario. It’s no coincidence our success is derived from the emphasis and effort put towards player development.
For more information about the Competitive program including the tryout schedule, please click the MORE INFO button below.
Capital Courts Boys Program (CCB)
Capital Courts Boys Program (CCB) has entered a partnership with the Gloucester Cumberland Basketball Association to create a pathway to post-secondary opportunities for players entering grade 9 and 10. CCB will compete in U.S. circuits as well tournaments throughout Canada. CCB will adopt the same Integrated Performance Management (IPM) system as the Capital Courts Academy girl’s program. The IPM model creates a customized development plan for each player to enhance development on and off the court.
Tryout Schedule - August 15th, 17th, and 23rd from 6 to 8pm at the Francois Dupuis Recreation Centre (2263 Portobello Blvd., Orleans).
***All PLAYERS must be REGISTERED with the GCBA to participate.***
GCBA Wolverines Selects
The GCBA strives to provide a quality basketball program for recreation, athletic development and to match the level of competition to individual skills. Consistent with this objective, the GCBA offers a SELECTS program to facilitate a higher level of competition for players with advanced skill sets and desire for increased competitive opportunities beyond our house league play.
For more information about the SELECTS program, please click the LINKS below.
- The Gloucester Cumberland Basketball Association is proud of its Junior Referee Program.
- Junior referees are an integral part of the GCBA House League program and compliment our coaching program to develop players in the game of basketball.
- Referees must be registered GCBA members and have reached the minimum age of 12 years as of December 31st in the current year.
- Our referees are trained using FIBA rules.
For more information about the Referee program, please click the MORE INFO button below.
The GCBA - Jr NBA Program is our introductory basketball program
for boys and girls age 5-7 years old
- JrNBA is primarily a fun session so children become familiar with the game of basketball while learning basic skills. Sessions are co-ed, with both boys and girls on the court together. Children are divided into groups based on age and skill.
- The Jr NBA is a small ball co-ed program created and designed by NBA staff to introduce the game of basketball to players aged 5-7 with age appropriate concepts, drills and skills. It follows a 12-week curriculum consisting of 45 minute sessions each designed by NBA staff. This is an NBA affiliated program with highly skilled coaches. Sessions take place on Saturday (or Sunday) mornings. [Day varies dependent on gym availability in any specific year]
For more information about the JR NBA program, please click the MORE INFO button below.
Still looking to play more basketball post House League season? If so Spring League is the place to be! This league is all about playing games, having fun and making new friends. There are no practices, only games. It is open to all players both boys and girls aged 9-16 (Grades 4-11). No assigned coaches... just parents to step up and roster players through equally. Teams don’t need a coach but can have a coach if they want and can provide one. Adult site supervision is provided. All games are officiated by senior referees and trainers from the GCBA Junior referee program.