Tryout Format & Guidelines
2021-22 Team Tryout Schedules: HERE
Important Information RE: COVID PROTOCOLS
- NO parents are allowed in the gym AS SPECTATORS
- FREE Parking is available at the Brewer Community Centre across from the campus.
- $20(non-refundable) tryout fee will be assessed to all players.
- Tryouts are open to anyone that has a desire to play at the competitive level
- All participants MUST be registered with the GCBA prior to attending the tryouts. Unregistered players will NOT be permitted to tryout.
- Participants younger than 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to register online in person at the tryouts if not already registered with the GCBA. Minors are not permitted to register themselves.
- There are two tryouts per team but only have to attend one to be considered for a team roster spot.
- Please bring a basketball to the tryout
- Please bring proper footwear i.e. basketball shoes
- Please bring a water bottle to quickly hydrate throughout the tryout
Team Selection Process
- All participants will be notified no later than 72 hours following their final team tryout as to whether or not they were selected for a team.
- Successful candidates will be contacted first, by the coach, by phone, advising them of the news and will be seeking a commitment at that time.
- Participants not selected for a team will be advised by email by the head coach. Unfortunately due to time constraints, calling each person individually is not feasible but do have the option to contact the coach and request feedback. Coaches are expected to follow-up in a timely manner.
- If you happen to not be contacted at all, in a timely manner, following your final tryout; please send an email to your Competitive Director by clicking his name below.
- All players not selected for a team are automatically enrolled in the GCBA House League Program and are asked to attend the House League Evaluations for team balancing and assignment purposes.
- All House League players are also eligible to tryout for a Selects team in November (pending available coaches) which also participates in the EOBA and against other competitive teams.